What If the Insurance Company’s Offer Isn’t Enough After a Car Accident?

Car accidents can cause severe property damage and life-altering injuries. Unfortunately, car accident repairs and injuries can result in bills that don’t seem to stop rolling in. In Texas, the at-fault driver’s insurance company is responsible for covering these expenses. Even still, their settlement may not be enough to cover them all. If you’ve received a low settlement offer, there are some things you can do.

You Have the Right to Negotiate With the Insurance Company

When you’re in the thick of trying to heal and pay your bills, any offer might feel like much-needed relief. Unfortunately, the insurance company is trying to do what’s best for their bottom line. This often results in early settlement offers that don’t cover all of your expenses, including:

  • Medical bills
  • Pain and suffering
  • Lost wages and earning capacity
  • Property damage
  • Loss of use of the vehicle
  • Disfigurement

If their offer is too low, you don’t have to accept it, even if the company tells you otherwise. It’s your right to negotiate for fair compensation. It’s also your right to ask how they calculated their offer amount.

Why You Should Call a Personal Injury Attorney

If you receive a low settlement offer, you shouldn’t try to negotiate on your own. We recommend reaching out to an experienced personal injury attorney, who can negotiate on your behalf. 

There are many benefits to hiring an attorney. For example, your attorney can help you calculate the compensation you need for all expenses. They’re skilled in forecasting and can help you pursue what you need now and in the future.

Your attorney can also help you properly reject the offer and create a counteroffer that explains your reasoning behind the rejection. This is a critical part of pursuing additional compensation. 

Additionally, your attorney will manage all communications with the insurance company, which can allow you to focus on healing.

Will I Need to Go to Court?

The insurance company may reject the counteroffers you and your attorney put forth. To pursue additional compensation, there’s a chance you may need to go to court. Your attorney will assess the situation and advise you on the best course of action.

Call the Attorneys at The Fell Law Firm Today

If you’re struggling with the aftermath of a car accident, we can help. For assistance in dealing with the insurance company or to speak with an attorney, give us a call at 972-450-1418 or send us a message.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *